This website is under construction as we are working on a translation of the French Version of it (https://monnaie-libre.fr/) ! Please be patient as we are only volunteering on our free time for this translation.
Welcome to Ğ1 currency, the world’s first ethical currency!
Based on the revolutionary work of Stephane Laborde (Relative Theory of Money 2010), Ğ1 is the first "free" (as in free speech), or "libre" currency, introducing an innovative mechanism for money creation, delivered through sustainable blockchain technology, encouraging decentralised, community-level exchanges. Instead of a centralized private system creating money through debt (state-run fiat currencies: euro, dollar, pound, etc.), or a competitive and sometimes energy intensive process of mining (cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.), Ğ1 is co-created equally every day, by all participating men, women and children, putting human wellbeing firmly at the centre of a Ğ1 economy.
Free as in "freedom", libre as in "liberty", Ğ1 currency drives sustainability & creation of value for human beings
Decentralize to share Power & ResponsabilityĞ1 is a fully decentralized currency, powered by simple, secure, sustainable blockchain technology.
- Running a node uses the same energy as a light bulb.
- Nodes take it in turns to validate transactions eliminating competition/escalation
- Providing a node is accessible to all members and is compensated by member donations.
- Ğ1 is decentralized in that transactions function via whichever nodes are operating, naturally spreading power and control over the system across the community.
Co-create a World where everyone takes partThe mathmatical formula behind the Ğ1 currency’s equal co-creation, results in natural, gradual, wealth convergence over 40 years (½ the average lifespan). This solves many of the limitations that we encounter in other currencies:
- Each generation creates the money it uses without impacting future generations
- The young are no longer disadvantaged in wealth creation
- Currency circulation is encouraged (you can save your Ğ1s but there’s no incentive to hoard wealth)
Increase your FreedomĞ1 is self-contained, not available for currency trading, and completely independent from other world currencies, so it is isolated from the impact of monetary policy, trading and speculation in and out of debt currencies ($,£,€...), avoids boom and bust debt cycles, and instead provides a stable unit of value as a practical tool for life.
Inspired by the Four Essential Freedoms of the Free Libre Open Source software movement (FOSS or FLOSS = "copyleft" GNU & AGPL licences), which respects the users' basic software freedoms to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software; free/libre currency is also designed to respect basic economic freedoms. You are free to use resources, to create and assign value. You are free to choose any monetary system and trade with its currency.
"Libre" is the French or Spanish word for "free", and is borrowed to show that Ğ1 currency is "free" as in "freedom" (not as in "free beer" LOL ...).
Develop your CreativityĞ1 free/libre currency is a powerful tool for artists, mothers, fathers, guardians, nature keepers, volunteers, or anyone whose work or endeavour generates value that is not currently recognized, remunerated, or «profitable» in the debt money system.
Anchored to human creativity instead of debt, members receive a small amount of Ğ1 currency daily, automatically and unconditionally, through a "trust-free" (ie without any third party having control over it, or the ability to impose conditions) co-creation mechanism. This is called the "universal dividend" or "UD". This is different from the concept of "basic revenue" or "universal income" where a third party administrator (for example, government) controls conditions for distribution of money to citizens.
In addition to receiving a daily universal dividend, everyone is free to trade products, services, give and receive donations, in recognition of the value they contribute, to make their living in Ğ1. Unlike the debt currency system, there is no need to keep running to pay the interest!
Now you can focus on creating and sharing your work and skills with your community!
Build a Local EconomyĞ1 is a worldwide currency empowering local and circular economies. Decentralization gives you access to Ğ1 currency wherever you are located (city or countryside), without dependency on a centralized infrastructure.
- This creates potential to solve regional inequalities – all you need is physical or virtual neighbours to exchange with.
- The men and women you exchange with will decide the value of your product or service, and its viability in your region – not banks or investors.
- Valuable voluntary work can be compensated
How does it work ?
1. Meet and LearnĞ1 Currency is a way to rethink monetary systems. We encourage you to meet with other members to learn more about this new system before you start using your Ğ1 currency. Take part in the FORUM(embed link) to find Ğ1 users nearest to you! Link map??? need to provide infrastructure to orient new people interested in new countries.
2. Create your walletCesium is an app for sending and receiving Ğ1 currency as well as managing your account. Download it and create a « simple wallet ».
3. Trade goods and servicesStart offering goods and services to receive some Ğ1 in your wallet. You can post your offer on Gchange. Mention #Remote and #English if there’s no members in your area.
4. Become a memberTo become a member and start creating UD everyday, you must have your account certified by 5 other living men or women who are members. This minimizes fraud in the Ğ1 system, and maximises community. No need to rush, your certifications will come naturally as you trade and meet with Ğ1 users.
Connect with the Ğ1 Community
Events CalendarYou can find out about events coming up by checking on the Ğ1 free/libre Currency Forum. Use the light blue label "English". If there are no events nearby, you can participate in online meetings. You can also organize your own event and advertise it on the forum.
Find an event Advertise your event